#100DaysofFitness Challenge: DAY 40

5lb down, and a bunch of inches gone! YAY!

For those who didn't know, I'm doing a 100 Days of Fitness challenge. Basically, you commit to working out/being active 30 minutes a day for 100 days. Eating healthy/clean is optional  but recommended. I developed a Facebook Group that has about 30 members in, you know, for support. I know I'll win this challenge, I just underestimated how HARD it would be to finish! WHEW!

How's the journey been? Interesting. I was going strong the first 30 days - I was logging in everyday, food prep and all that. Then around day 31, I just lost my steam. I also was in pain. I have arthritis in my knees so my body was telling me to slow it down. The thing about doing these challenges, you've seen them on Pinterest and Instagram, sometimes our bodies are not as ready as our minds our. Sometimes, we don't give ourselves time to work up to the challenge. I mean, there's a reason that every exercise video says "Check with a physician before starting this challenge".




Day 21 - I went hard in the paint!
So, I had to give myself a pass, figure out a plan, but stay on the journey. My goal is to do 100 workouts in 100 days and gosh-darn-it, I'm gonna do it. I took about three days off allowing my body to rest. I also re-examined my intent. Truthfully, my eating habits weren't the best - even with food prep. I was still allowing myself trips to the vending machine and eating all the cookies God would allow. What's the point of me working out EVERY DAY if I was going to overeat every calorie I burned off. I mean, I am trying to lose weight!


Now, I'm more focused. On today, Day 40, I've lost 5lbs. I'm back on the app, My Fitness Pal, logging in my food intake and exercise. I'm also in love with the Health App on the iphone! It has the ability to log my miles walked and a whole bunch of other stuff.  Using these apps appeals to  my competitive side. Everyday I'm trying to beat myself, trying to be more active, and aiming to see these pounds go away.

I've just learned in this weightloss game, you've got to listen to your body, you got to KEEP IT REAL with yourself, and you CANNOT QUIT!

Here's to the next 60 days! I'm gonna finish this quest!

Share:

0 comments